This is another short trek, which can be reduced more and is recommended in spring, when rhododendron and magnolia are in full bloom. A moderate trek reaching only at an elevation of 3440 meters /11,290 ft., it is a paradise for nature lovers. Beginning from the glacial valley of Phobjikha at an elevation of 3000 meters /9840 ft, winter home for the rare black-necked cranes. You will traverse through the village of Gogona, Khotokha and finally ending the trek at Wangdue Valley at an elevation of 1350 meters / 4430 ft. The program also offers sightseeing in the valleys of Wangdue, Punakha, Paro, Thimphu and a short hike to Chimi Lhakhang temple, dedicated to Drukpa Kuenley Popularly known as the "Divine madman".
DAY 01: KATHMANDU / PARO / THIMPHU
Fly from Kathmandu to Paro, Bhutan. Your Bhutanese escort will greet you on arrival, and then drive to the capital city, Thimphu (54 Kms) at 2,500 meters. O/N in Thimphu. (L/D)
DAY 02: THIMPHU / PHOBJIKHA
After breakfast drive to the beautiful Valley of Phobjikha. Enroots visit various historical sites and other places of interest. O/N Phobjikha at Tented Camp. (B/L/D)
DAY 03: PHOBJIKHA / GOGANA
After breakfast visit the Phobjikha village and began your trek to Gogona. O/N in Gogana at Tented Camp. (B/L/D)
DAY 04: GOGANA / KHOTOKHA
After breakfast resume your trek passing through the forest of various species of rhododendron. O/N in Khotokha at Tented Camp. (B/L/D)
DAY 05: KHOTOKHA / WANGDUE - PUNAKHA
Crossing Tashila Pass at 2800 meters/9200ft you will descend your trek till Wangdue Phodrang from where your car will pick you up and drive to Punakha. O/N in Punakha. (B/L/D)
DAY 06: PUNAKHA / THIMPHU, 70 Kms / 45 miles, 3 hours.
After breakfast you will visit Punakha Dzong, hike to Chimi Lhakhang standing on a hillock. Resume your drive to Thimphu. Stop at the Dochula Pass 3150 m /10,489ft from here during a clear weather you can see the close-up view of the Bhutan Himalaya. Finally visit Simtokha Dzong and check into your hotel. O/N in Thimphu. (B/L/D)
DAY 07: SIGHTSEEING IN THIMPHU
Visit Memorial Chorten, Drupthob Lhakhang (Nunnery), the painting school, Indigenous hospital, National Library and many other places of interest. O/N in Thimphu. (B/L/D)
DAY 08: THIMPHU / PARO / KATHMANDU
Early morning drive to Paro for departure to Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel. (B)
01. 4nights accommodation with all meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners)
02. All transportation by private vehicle.
03. Sightseeing tour with English speaking Guide as per itinerary including entry fee to museum.
04. Royalties and other taxes. Other than departure tax Bhutan entry visa fee US$ 20 and US$ 10.
01. Airfares (Kathmandu – Paro, Calcutta – Paro, Dhaka – Paro, Delhi – Paro and Bangkok – Paro for one way and double for round trip flight by Druk Airlines.
02. Bhutan entry visa fees US$ 20, Paro airport tax US$ 10 & US$ 10 for TDF.
03. Hard and soft drinks during the trip.
04. Surcharge, Insurance, Personal expense and Tips