If Tibet is the "roof of the world", then western Tibet is the roof's roof! Our coverage of Western Tibet focuses on the sights that most attract travelers to this remote and difficult land. The most important of these sights is Mount Kailash, Lake Manasarova, and the Tirthpuri Hot Springs. These are some of the holiest sights in Tibet and are imminently important in the religious lives of the Tibetan people. These can all be reached from Darchen, a village on the main highway from Lhasa to Ali. The town of Ali is the seat of the regional government and an important spot to stage expeditions further north or west, out of our current coverage.
This is the land of the Himalayas with great snowcapped mountains, lakes, grasslands and lots and lots of space! In fact, perhaps the sheer emptiness of the region will astound you. In an area of 300 square kilometers, there are only approximately 70,000 Tibetans, mainly engaged in animal husbandry and farming. Any other Tibetans you may meet are pilgrims coming to visit the holy sights of the region.
Ali, Lhasa & Guge Kingdom Tour Itinerary
DAY 01: Drive from kathmandu to Zhangmu / Nyalam O/nt GH 155 km 7 hours
DAY 02: Drive to Saga O/nt GH Hours in jeep 230km 7hours
DAY 03: Drive to Tsocheng O/nt GH 300km 8hrs
DAY 04: Drive to Gertse O/nt GH 277km 7hrs
DAY 05: Drive to Gerkey O/nt GH 234km 6hrs
DAY 06: Drive to Ali O/nt GH 287km 7-8hrs
DAY 07: Drive to Rutok County O/nt GH 80km 2hrs
DAY 08: Drive to Guge Kingdom O/nt GH 295km 8hrs
DAY 09: Drive to Darcheng / Manasarovar Lake O/nt GH 290km 7-8hrs
DAY 10: Drive to Paryang O/nt GH 310km 8hrs
DAY 11: Drive to Saga O/nt GH 255km 6-7hrs
DAY 12: Saga to xegar
DAY 13: xegar to XIGASTE
DAY 14: XIGASTE TO GYANSTE
DAY 16: GYANSTE TO LHASA
DAY 17: LHASA SIGHT SEEING
DAY 18: LHASA SIGHT SEEING
DAY 19: LHASA TO KATHMANDU
01. Twin sharing different standard accommodation as per different category package with breakfast.
02. All necessary transportation by 4 WD Toyota Landcruiser.
03. Sightseeing tour as per the Program, an English speaking Guide and monastery entrance fees.
04. China/ Tibet visa fees, Tibet permit and necessary domestic and international flight as per itinerary.
05. Special Trekking permit for Kailash & Guge parts.
06. Accommodation in two men dome tent & all meals cooked by our own exp. cook during the treks
07. All camping and cooking equipments for treks.
01. All expenses of personal Nature.
02. Nepal re-entry visa fee and airport Departure Tax
03. Charge for photography, air ticket reconfirmation fee and Insurance etc.